Author Topic: Setting up Permissions with Group Manager  (Read 6815 times)

jeddell
    • View Profile
Setting up Permissions with Group Manager
« on: 19 March 2016, 09:25:17 »
Hi,

I have been scouring through the web, Bukkit Site, youtube and any other scrap of info I can find to try and figure out how to set up my ranks and permissions with Group manager. Im pretty confident that I have the structure right.
I have done away with teh globalgroups file and transferred everything to the groups file as Im only running one world. That way I can see exactly what the groups have by opening just one file.

When I added mysefl as "admin" in the users file, It seemed to have worked because the prefix showed up on my test message.

But when I try to demote or promote or any of the rank editing commands, I get errors like you dont have permissions, or the rank has to be a lower rank (for demotion).

I go back into the groups.yml file and the inheritences are all set up properly.

Im about ready to scrap this and try something different, but it seems that no matter what I try they're all as complex and buggy as each other.

Doe ANYONE know how I can Debug this or figure out what the hell is going on?

Techman

• 6 Years with Stipe!
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up Permissions with Group Manager
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2016, 20:41:26 »
Hey, I am ITechnologyman the Owner of PlebsPlayMC.net
I would recommend using Permissions Bukkit  http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/permbukkit/
It is Great i use it on my server and i am very happy with it, it has an easy config and ingame command system to set up the ranks.
I am willing to help you with this as it inst difficult for me, If you have any issues or you would like me to set it up how you want it
contact me here if you with for some help with permissions Bukkit.
I will give you a list of features:
    Storage of users and groups in plugins/PermissionsBukkit/config.yml.
    Both users and groups can be assigned individual permissions and parent groups to inherit permissions from.
    Support for global and per-world permissions.
    Reload configuration from file without reloading the plugin.
    Ability to check if a player has a specific permission node.
    Ability to dump all permissions a player has and the plugins that set them.
    Ability to print plugin, description, and default for a given permission node.
    Ability to modify the permissions of groups and users and the groups of a user in-game.
    Built-in antibuild via the "permissions.build" node (defaults to allowing anyone to build).[/li]

I Hope you can work this out, sorry for no reply sooner! :)[/b][/list]