Author Topic: New Skin on Website  (Read 11125 times)

crazy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • STIPE website (This one!)
New Skin on Website
« on: 05 December 2010, 23:26:53 »
We updated the website skin. The menu's have been changed and recoded to allow room for additional buttons in the future. This may take time getting used to but we think this step was required as it will allow us to build new skins with ease.

We would still like your opinion. Do you like the new skin? Have ideas on how we could make it better?

The way we have coded it, making changes now is a piece of cake so please give us you opinions.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2010, 23:42:17 by crazy »

PolarBear

• STIPE Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Skin on Website
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2010, 08:47:38 »
I like the skin better than the old one "same same but different!"
The only thing OP is me!

dbdblack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2010, 16:33:46 »
just my 2 cents but i like the old setup better , was 'simple' if you know what i mean...nice and easy to login , i think the buttons are a little to dark up there...i keep missing them when i login lol ( just keep forgetting they are up the top)

no big deal but  cheers:)

i think the whole top section of the site is a little dark and bland now , i did really like the first setup when i moved over to stipe...not the last change with the space background thing..the one before that

maybe buttons down the lhs and login box on the rhs? i dont know just a few suggestions :)
« Last Edit: 07 December 2010, 16:35:48 by dbdblack »

crazy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2010, 16:35:46 »
Yes even I miss those old buttons. It was so easy and quick to navigate.

Problem is I'll be adding alot more buttons soon, so I needed make these modifications.

I'll be working on the style and colours of the menu still.

dbdblack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2010, 17:00:38 »
awesome,

i've noticed the site takes alot longer to load now? like my cpanel and what not, is this normal?

crazy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2010, 17:04:30 »
The site is supposed to load FASTER now thanks to this update. And It has been for me and many others at least. Perhaps your jut having a bad day? Let me know if the problem is still there... but yea for me its much faster.

elementz

• STIPE Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 December 2010, 17:05:21 »
I like this setup, probably because I have a bright screen, so the buttons are a lot brighter and easier to see for me. It is a good setup for the site since it easily allows for links to be added, so it saves a lot of time. Only problem I noticed is that if you log into the forum but then go to the control panel to edit your profile, you have to login again.

dbdblack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 December 2010, 17:08:37 »
I like this setup, probably because I have a bright screen, so the buttons are a lot brighter and easier to see for me. It is a good setup for the site since it easily allows for links to be added, so it saves a lot of time. Only problem I noticed is that if you log into the forum but then go to the control panel to edit your profile, you have to login again.

yep i have the same problem..no biggie but........ ahhhhhhh Crazy i am capped lol hence the slow loading..just got that new telstra turbo 3g modem...7 gig 40 a month...gone on the second day lol ..ping is great but ..even when capped under 50 for 3g wireless...you beauty:)

PolarBear

• STIPE Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 December 2010, 08:58:52 »
Crazy I would say instead of the text being bold black for " News, Server rentals, Ctrl Pannel" etc I would maybe make it stark white to make it easier to see, read and stand out.

Having the website Login in the top right still bugs me after I have already logged in.
The only thing OP is me!